- AFCON 2019 qualifiers: Ethiopia coach names two foreign-based players
- Borussia Dortmund football team bus hit by explosions
- Ethiopian makes it five victories at Carlsbad 5000
- Shura clocks second-fastest time; Rahma defends title in Rome Marathon
- Ethiopian athletes to compete in Kampala to repeat their historical place in World Cross Country Championship
Madagascar FA chief Ahmad elected as new CAF president
(EBC; March 16, 2017)- Madagascar Football Association chief Ahmad has been elected Confederation of African Football president, ending Issa Hayatou's 29-year reign.
Ahmad won 34 of the 54 votes in the election, which was held in Ethiopia's capital Addis Ababa on today.
Ahmad, who became Madagascar FA chief in 2003, takes over as Caf president on an initial four-year term, and has promised to modernize the body and make it more transparent.
The Election of Ahmad is believed to improve the African football