- N Korea warns of 'catastrophe' if US-S Korea military drill goes ahead
- U.S. air strikes kill seven al Shabaab fighters in Somalia
- DR Congo landslide kills at least 60 people
- Hailemariam urges East Africa to beat poverty through economic integration
- PM Hailemariam in Kigali to attend Kagame’s inauguration
UNAIDS Executive Director lauds Ethiopia's achievements in the health sector
(EBC; January 31, 2017)- Under-Secretary General and Executive Director of UNAIDS, Michel Sidibe upon meeting Minister of Foreign Affairs Dr. Workneh Gebeyehu in Addis Ababa on the sideline of the 28th AU Summit on Tuesday, praised Ethiopia's achievements in the health sector.
During their discussion, Mr.Sidibe appreciated Ethiopia for closely working with UNAIDS and noted that the country's achievements in the health sector, particularly meeting the health-related Millennium Development Goals was significantly commendable.
He also reiterated his organization's commitment to continue to support Ethiopia in a bid to help the country meet the globally set plan of ending AIDS epidemic in 2030.
Dr. Workineh for his part thanked UNAIDS for the support it has been offering to Ethiopia in the pursuit of containing the AIDS epidemic. In such regards, the Minister mentioned Ethiopia's health policy and
particularly its preventive strategy.