- American NGOs join cancer fight in Ethiopia, Uganda and Tanzania
- Fifth Annual U.S.-AU High Level Dialogue deepens U.S.-African relationship
- AU, EU renew commitment to strengthen security cooperation
- World Bank announces $4.7b loan, grant for Ethiopia
- Zimbabwe military says progress in talks for Mugabe's exit
UN agencies vow to mitigate drought in Ethiopia
(EBC; September 5, 2017) - Deputy Prime Minister Demeke Mekonnen expresses Ethiopia's keenness to strengthen ties with different developmental organizations to combat drought and sustain development.
The deputy premier conferred on Monday with board members of the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and representatives of the World Food Program (WFP).
IFAD President Gilbert Houngbo said on the occasion that the organization has been undertaking encouraging developmental activities in Somali and Tigray states.
The president stated that Ethiopia's sustainable development initiatives, which he said are well planned, invite call for further support.
The president also expressed the organizations' keenness to engage in irrigation development to mitigate drought in the country.