- Consolidating dev’t, democracy calls for concerted efforts of all: Hailemariam
- Africa's rapid urbanization can drive industrialization, says new UN report
- Ceremony marking culmination of SEPDM’s silver jubilee held in Hawassa
- Engie targets Africa with home solar acquisition
- 440 senior officials investigated for corruption
Uhuru Kenyatta wins Kenya presidential election
(EBC; August 12, 2017) - Kenya's main domestic poll monitoring organization, ELOG, said on Saturday it had found no evidence to suggest this week's election was manipulated or inaccurate, as the opposition have attested.
ELOG's parallel vote tally projected a victory for President Uhuru Kenyatta with 54 percent of ballots cast, compared to an official count of 54.3 percent. This was well within ELOG's 1.9 percent margin of error, the group said.