- Africa steps up momentum in calling for UN Security Council reform
- Ethiopia to set up 5 gold trading centers to combat contraband trade
- Livestock insurance aids pastoralists in Ethiopia
- On International Day against Drug Abuse, UN urges collective action to realize global commitments
- 29th AU Summit to start in Addis Ababa tomorrow
State of Emergency Successful- Hailemariam
(EBC; March 16, 2017)- Ethiopian Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn said the state of emergency that was declared in the country before five months has met its objective.
The Prime Minister has presented six months performance report to the House of Peoples' Representatives.
According to the study conducted on state of emergency 82% of the people involved in the study want the state of emergency to be continued partly or fully.
"The government will decide to cancel or extend the state of emergency based on the study and the decision of state of emergency inquiry board", the primier added.
The report of the Prime Minister also included deep reform, need of dialogue with political parties, diplomacy and regional peace.