- Consolidating dev’t, democracy calls for concerted efforts of all: Hailemariam
- Africa's rapid urbanization can drive industrialization, says new UN report
- Ceremony marking culmination of SEPDM’s silver jubilee held in Hawassa
- Engie targets Africa with home solar acquisition
- 440 senior officials investigated for corruption
State of Emergency Successful- Hailemariam
(EBC; March 16, 2017)- Ethiopian Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn said the state of emergency that was declared in the country before five months has met its objective.
The Prime Minister has presented six months performance report to the House of Peoples' Representatives.
According to the study conducted on state of emergency 82% of the people involved in the study want the state of emergency to be continued partly or fully.
"The government will decide to cancel or extend the state of emergency based on the study and the decision of state of emergency inquiry board", the primier added.
The report of the Prime Minister also included deep reform, need of dialogue with political parties, diplomacy and regional peace.