- Consolidating dev’t, democracy calls for concerted efforts of all: Hailemariam
- Africa's rapid urbanization can drive industrialization, says new UN report
- Ceremony marking culmination of SEPDM’s silver jubilee held in Hawassa
- Engie targets Africa with home solar acquisition
- 440 senior officials investigated for corruption
Rwanda keen to consolidate ties with Ethiopia
(EBC; August 10, 2017) - Re-elected Rwandan president Paul Kagame expresses desire to further consolidate ties with Ethiopia.
Rwanda's Minister of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation on Thursday handed over President Kagame's message to Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn.
In his message, Kagame expressed keenness to reinforce bilateral ties between the two countries in the wake of his recent re-election to a third seven-year term.
The Rwandese Minister of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation Louise Mushikiwabo said told reporters after the meeting that she had fruitful discussion with Prime Minister Hailemariam.
Ethiopia and Rwanda have enjoyed longstanding cordial relations since the opening of the Rwandan Embassy in Addis Ababa in 1978.