- American NGOs join cancer fight in Ethiopia, Uganda and Tanzania
- Fifth Annual U.S.-AU High Level Dialogue deepens U.S.-African relationship
- AU, EU renew commitment to strengthen security cooperation
- World Bank announces $4.7b loan, grant for Ethiopia
- Zimbabwe military says progress in talks for Mugabe's exit
PM Hailemariam to chair the UN Global Leadership Summit
(EBC; September 4, 2017) - Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn is to chair the UN Global Leadership Summit to be held on 20th of September in New York.
Permanent Representative of Ethiopia to the UN, Ambassador Dr. Tekeda Alemu, said Ethiopia, during its presidency, would work to ensure peace and stability in the world.
Ethiopia won a non-permanent seat at the United Nations Security Council in June 2016 and officially commenced its two-year tenure in January this year; and the country has begun its presidency of the UNSC last Friday.
Noting, Ethiopia's role to maintain peace in Africa, the ambassador said the joint meeting of AUC and UNSC would be held in Addis Ababa.