- N Korea warns of 'catastrophe' if US-S Korea military drill goes ahead
- U.S. air strikes kill seven al Shabaab fighters in Somalia
- DR Congo landslide kills at least 60 people
- Hailemariam urges East Africa to beat poverty through economic integration
- PM Hailemariam in Kigali to attend Kagame’s inauguration
Nation observing 3 days of mourning for landslide victims
(EBC; March 15, 2017) – Ethiopians are observing a three-day national mourning period starting Wednesday for dozens of people who were killed in a garbage landfill landslide in Addis Ababa.
The national flag will fly at half-mast for three days across the country as well as on Ethiopian-owned ships and Ethiopian embassies and consular offices, in line with the parliament's declaration on Tuesday.
According to the Addis Ababa Fire and Emergency Prevention and Rescue Authority, the death toll in the late Saturday evening incident, which destroyed 15 houses, rose to 72 by Tuesday.