- N Korea warns of 'catastrophe' if US-S Korea military drill goes ahead
- U.S. air strikes kill seven al Shabaab fighters in Somalia
- DR Congo landslide kills at least 60 people
- Hailemariam urges East Africa to beat poverty through economic integration
- PM Hailemariam in Kigali to attend Kagame’s inauguration
Korea signs $13m deal with Ethiopia on customs clearance system
(EBC; March 13, 2017)- South Korea's customs agency said Monday that it has signed a $13 mln deal with Ethiopia to export an electronic customs clearance system to the African country.
Under the deal, South Korea's electronic customs clearance system called "UNI-PASS" will be installed in Ethiopia by 2020, Korea Customs Service said in a statement.
UNI-PASS is the brand name of the electronic clearance portal system.
South Korea has exported the UNI-PASS system to a total of 11 countries, including Cameroon, Tanzania and Ethiopia.
Source: The Korea Herald