- Regional Social Security Forum for Africa kicks off in Addis
- UN, AU pledge to help Kenya ensure credible rerun of presidential poll
- Somali President Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed arrives in Addis
- Enel in line for 100MW PV array as Ethiopia seeks renewables
- U.S. Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley arrives in Addis
Korea signs $13m deal with Ethiopia on customs clearance system
(EBC; March 13, 2017)- South Korea's customs agency said Monday that it has signed a $13 mln deal with Ethiopia to export an electronic customs clearance system to the African country.
Under the deal, South Korea's electronic customs clearance system called "UNI-PASS" will be installed in Ethiopia by 2020, Korea Customs Service said in a statement.
UNI-PASS is the brand name of the electronic clearance portal system.
South Korea has exported the UNI-PASS system to a total of 11 countries, including Cameroon, Tanzania and Ethiopia.
Source: The Korea Herald