- Consolidating dev’t, democracy calls for concerted efforts of all: Hailemariam
- Africa's rapid urbanization can drive industrialization, says new UN report
- Ceremony marking culmination of SEPDM’s silver jubilee held in Hawassa
- Engie targets Africa with home solar acquisition
- 440 senior officials investigated for corruption
IGAD to establish medicines regulatory harmonization initiative
(EBC; August 1, 2017)- The presence of unregulated sub-standard and falsified medical products circulation is challenging IGAD region health service.
IGAD member countries are set to establish Medicines Regulatory Harmonization Initiative.
Heads of medicine regulatory Authority of IGAD member countries are deliberating on the proposal of the initiative here in Addis Ababa.
Specifically, the initiative targets to enhance access enhance regional regulatory mechanisms to stop sub-standard and falsified medical products.
Reporter: Sadat Mohammedsani