- Consolidating dev’t, democracy calls for concerted efforts of all: Hailemariam
- Africa's rapid urbanization can drive industrialization, says new UN report
- Ceremony marking culmination of SEPDM’s silver jubilee held in Hawassa
- Engie targets Africa with home solar acquisition
- 440 senior officials investigated for corruption
IGAD describes Kenya elections as transparent, orderly
(EBC; August 10, 2017) - The IGAD Election Observation Mission (EOM) says the general elections held in the Republic of Kenya on 8th August 2017 were conducted in a peaceful, orderly, and transparent manner and in accordance with the Constitution and the laws of the country.
IGAD said in its preliminary observations issued on Wednesday it has observed the process of the opening of polling stations, the tallying and counting at the same polling stations of the presidential vote.
The East African bloc called on all political parties and candidates to respect the will of the people of Kenya and to refrain from any act that might be of disruptive nature to the peace and stability of the country.
The IGAD EOM finally congratulated the people of the Republic of Kenya for a successful democratic exercise.