- No time for scepticism, ‘decisive climate action,’ needed Ethiopia tells UN
- UNICEF urges countries to prioritize early childhood development
- Ethiopian Prime Minister meets Somali PM in NewYork
- Hailemariam meets Bill Gates in New York
- Meles Zenawi Leadership Academy inks cooperation agreement with Chinese Communist Party School
HPR endorses EHRC’s report on the recent violence in parts of Ethiopia
(EBC; April 20, 2017) - The House of People's Representatives (HPR) during its regular session on Thursday endorsed the report of Ethiopian Human Rights Commission (EHRC) on the recent violence in parts of Ethiopia.
The House backed the Commission's resolution that corrective measures be taken against government bodies who failed to prevent the violence or minimize casualties afterward.
The resolution also recommends taking similar measures against security forces that might have employed excessive force in handling the violence.
HPR also approved the Commission's resolution to rehabilitate victims of the violence.
Meanwhile, the House same day endorsed bilateral agreements signed between Ethiopia and different nations.
Reporter: Teshome Wolde