- Ethiopian Transport Minister calls for further strengthening ties with China
- Ethiopia adopts drip irrigation scheme from Israel to boost agricultural productivity
- Ethiopia, Egypt to advance their cooperation on health
- Council creates over 1.8 million jobs in the last fiscal year
- Chinese investors keen to invest in Ethiopia: Chinese Official
Government working to make Ethiopia Africa’s manufacturing hub: Dr Arkebe Oqubay
(EBC; March 13, 2017)- Board Chairperson of Industrial Park Development Corporation Arkebe Oqubay said Ethiopia is working to realize its vision to become Africa's manufacturing hub, Bloomberg reported.
He also said energy and transportation are key areas to make the country the manufacturing hub of Africa.
"Since 2000 the economy has been growing quite fast, and in the last 13 years GDP growth has been 11%. Currently the country is working to move from agricultural led economy to manufacturing led economy," he added.
According to Dr Arkebe, the government is focused on improving good governance and accelerating the momentum of economic growth, and the government is working to create millions of jobs for the youth and to increase export performance.
With regard to industrial parks, he said the parks are expected to generate about 100 billion dollars.