- Consolidating dev’t, democracy calls for concerted efforts of all: Hailemariam
- Africa's rapid urbanization can drive industrialization, says new UN report
- Ceremony marking culmination of SEPDM’s silver jubilee held in Hawassa
- Engie targets Africa with home solar acquisition
- 440 senior officials investigated for corruption
Government lifts parts of the State of Emergency
(EBC; March 15, 2017) - The government of Ethiopia has lifted parts of the State of Emergency imposed in October following the "restoration of law and order in many parts of the country", the Command Post announced on Wednesday.
Secretariat of the Comand Post and Minister of National Defense, Siraj Fegessa said that arbitrary arrests without court orders and searches without court papers have been terminated.
Also being revoked are restrictions imposed on contents of audiovisual productions including radio and television as well as stage shows.
Moreover, prohibition on unauthorized movements around infrastructure facilities and factories from dawn to dusk has been repealed.