- Africa steps up momentum in calling for UN Security Council reform
- Ethiopia to set up 5 gold trading centers to combat contraband trade
- Livestock insurance aids pastoralists in Ethiopia
- On International Day against Drug Abuse, UN urges collective action to realize global commitments
- 29th AU Summit to start in Addis Ababa tomorrow
Government lifts parts of the State of Emergency
(EBC; March 15, 2017) - The government of Ethiopia has lifted parts of the State of Emergency imposed in October following the "restoration of law and order in many parts of the country", the Command Post announced on Wednesday.
Secretariat of the Comand Post and Minister of National Defense, Siraj Fegessa said that arbitrary arrests without court orders and searches without court papers have been terminated.
Also being revoked are restrictions imposed on contents of audiovisual productions including radio and television as well as stage shows.
Moreover, prohibition on unauthorized movements around infrastructure facilities and factories from dawn to dusk has been repealed.