- N Korea warns of 'catastrophe' if US-S Korea military drill goes ahead
- U.S. air strikes kill seven al Shabaab fighters in Somalia
- DR Congo landslide kills at least 60 people
- Hailemariam urges East Africa to beat poverty through economic integration
- PM Hailemariam in Kigali to attend Kagame’s inauguration
Ethiopia earns $1.2 billion from FDI in 6 months
(EBC; March 9, 2017)- Ethiopia has generated $1.2 billion in the first half of this fiscal year according to Ethiopian Investment Commission.
Public Relations Directorate Director with the Commission Mekonnen Hailu told EBC that the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Ethiopia has secured in the first half of this fiscal year is increased by 35% in comparison to last year's similar season.
He also said the improvement of foreign direct investment is the result of the expansion of industrial parks and stable situation in the country.
Reporter: - Abdulaziz Yousuf