- Regional Social Security Forum for Africa kicks off in Addis
- UN, AU pledge to help Kenya ensure credible rerun of presidential poll
- Somali President Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed arrives in Addis
- Enel in line for 100MW PV array as Ethiopia seeks renewables
- U.S. Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley arrives in Addis
Ethiopia earns $1.2 billion from FDI in 6 months
(EBC; March 9, 2017)- Ethiopia has generated $1.2 billion in the first half of this fiscal year according to Ethiopian Investment Commission.
Public Relations Directorate Director with the Commission Mekonnen Hailu told EBC that the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Ethiopia has secured in the first half of this fiscal year is increased by 35% in comparison to last year's similar season.
He also said the improvement of foreign direct investment is the result of the expansion of industrial parks and stable situation in the country.
Reporter: - Abdulaziz Yousuf