- Regional Social Security Forum for Africa kicks off in Addis
- UN, AU pledge to help Kenya ensure credible rerun of presidential poll
- Somali President Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed arrives in Addis
- Enel in line for 100MW PV array as Ethiopia seeks renewables
- U.S. Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley arrives in Addis
Ethiopia declares three days of national mourning for victims of garbage dump landslide
(EBC; March 14, 2017)- Ethiopian House of Peoples' Representative has declared three days national mourning for the victims of garbage dump landslide in the outskirts of Addis Ababa.
The three days national mourning will be effective as of Wednesday (15).
Ethiopian flags in all regional states and two city administrations and in all Ethiopian Embassies and on Ethiopian owned ships will be flown half-mast for the respect of the victims.
In a related news, the death toll after garbage dump landslide has reached 72 so far.