- Adama Industrial Park is to go operational in couple of months
- Agency to conduct 4th round of general census as of February
- House urges corporation to discharge its responsibility properly
- AU rejects allegations of rights violations by its troops in Somalia
- IMF says Sudan must float currency to boost growth, investment
Ethiopia among top investment destinations in Africa in 2018
(EBC; October 12, 2017) - Ethiopia ranks fourth on Rand Merchant Bank (RMB) seventh edition of Where to invest in Africa 2018.
Each year, RMB releases a new edition of Where to invest in Africa, which assesses the economic outlook and investment opportunities in Africa.
Ethiopia continues to register rapid rates of economic growth.
Its institutional framework has supported the mobilization of resources in the real estate, transport and manufacturing sectors.
Ethiopia also maintains robust levels of production growth, while relatively low unit labor costs and cheap electricity have afforded it a cost advantage over its counterparts in the textile and apparel industries.