- N Korea warns of 'catastrophe' if US-S Korea military drill goes ahead
- U.S. air strikes kill seven al Shabaab fighters in Somalia
- DR Congo landslide kills at least 60 people
- Hailemariam urges East Africa to beat poverty through economic integration
- PM Hailemariam in Kigali to attend Kagame’s inauguration
Death toll rises to 65 after rubbish dump landslide in Ethiopia
(EBC; March 13, 2017)- At least 65 people were killed in garbage landslide that happened last Saturday in Addis Ababa.
Addis Ababa city mayor Diriba Kuma said the death of 65 people is confirmed so far and the death toll may rise.
Rescue operation is still going on in the area.
People who were living in the area were taken to another safe area and the government is providing them with the necessary support.