- Regional Social Security Forum for Africa kicks off in Addis
- UN, AU pledge to help Kenya ensure credible rerun of presidential poll
- Somali President Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed arrives in Addis
- Enel in line for 100MW PV array as Ethiopia seeks renewables
- U.S. Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley arrives in Addis
Death toll rises to 65 after rubbish dump landslide in Ethiopia
(EBC; March 13, 2017)- At least 65 people were killed in garbage landslide that happened last Saturday in Addis Ababa.
Addis Ababa city mayor Diriba Kuma said the death of 65 people is confirmed so far and the death toll may rise.
Rescue operation is still going on in the area.
People who were living in the area were taken to another safe area and the government is providing them with the necessary support.