- Consolidating dev’t, democracy calls for concerted efforts of all: Hailemariam
- Africa's rapid urbanization can drive industrialization, says new UN report
- Ceremony marking culmination of SEPDM’s silver jubilee held in Hawassa
- Engie targets Africa with home solar acquisition
- 440 senior officials investigated for corruption
CAF hails sports infrastructure development in Ethiopia
(EBC; August 8, 2017) - Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn calls on Confederation of African Football, CAF to better engage Ethiopia in football related activities.
The Premier conferred with newly elected CAF President Ahmad Ahmad on Monday in Addis Ababa where they discussed ways of developing Ethiopian football.
The two sides agreed on the need to create close cooperation among Ethiopian Football Federation, CAF and FIFA to promote Ethiopia's football related potentials.
According to Ristu Yirda, Minister of Youth and Sports who attended the meeting, Ahmad on the occasion hailed the sports infrastructure development underway in Ethiopia.
He praised the Ethiopian government for its commitment to developing sports infrastructure in the country.
Prime Minister Hailemariam for his part took the opportunity to call on CAF to better engage Ethiopia in Africa's football activities.