- State Minister Hirut receives US Deputy Head of Mission
- President Mulatu appoints twelve ambassadors
- Saudi re- extends amnesty for undocumented Ethiopians by a month
- FAO warns of potential food insecurity in east Africa due to armyworm
- WFP appreciates efforts of governments in providing food assistance
British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson applauds the growth of Ethiopian Airlines
(EBC; March 17, 2017)- British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson praised Ethiopian's fast growth during his visit to the largest and most modern Ethiopian Aviation Academy and state-of-the-art flight simulators at Ethiopian capital.
The Foreign Secretary said, "Ethiopian Airlines is one of the fastest growing airlines in the world and I am proud to say that the UK is working with Ethiopian Airlines. I am also delighted to see the partnership developing in action as Ethiopian is enjoying the Rolls Royce engines and the wings of the A350. My visit to Ethiopia is quite instrumental in boosting the existing partnership between the UK and Ethiopia."
Ethiopian currently flies to major cities in Europe; London, Brussels, Dublin, Frankfurt, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Rome, Stockholm and Vienna. Oslo will also be joining Ethiopian ever expanding network as of March 26, 2017.
Source: Ethiopian Airlines