- African seed body backs use of genetically engineered seeds
- American NGOs join cancer fight in Ethiopia, Uganda and Tanzania
- Fifth Annual U.S.-AU High Level Dialogue deepens U.S.-African relationship
- AU, EU renew commitment to strengthen security cooperation
- World Bank announces $4.7b loan, grant for Ethiopia
AU launches internet domain to bring Africans together
(EBC; March 10, 2017)- Africa has got an internet domain name space by its own name called DotAfrica.
This internet domain was launched at Headquarters of the African Union on Friday aiming at expediting the continent's growth.
The internet domain name space Africa, DotAfrica has been launched with generic Top Level Domain to help bring Africa community together through internet letting ‘e-commerce, infrastructure and technologies to flourish'. It also helps establishing a home for African specific products, services and information.
The outgoing AUC Chairperson Dr. Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma said Africa has got its digital identity through dot Africa established by Africans.
As indicated on the event, dot Africa also helps mobilize resources to develop ICT related African technologies intended for the overall economic growth of the continent.
Reporter: - Zerihun Getachew