- State Minister Hirut receives US Deputy Head of Mission
- President Mulatu appoints twelve ambassadors
- Saudi re- extends amnesty for undocumented Ethiopians by a month
- FAO warns of potential food insecurity in east Africa due to armyworm
- WFP appreciates efforts of governments in providing food assistance
AU launches internet domain to bring Africans together
(EBC; March 10, 2017)- Africa has got an internet domain name space by its own name called DotAfrica.
This internet domain was launched at Headquarters of the African Union on Friday aiming at expediting the continent's growth.
The internet domain name space Africa, DotAfrica has been launched with generic Top Level Domain to help bring Africa community together through internet letting ‘e-commerce, infrastructure and technologies to flourish'. It also helps establishing a home for African specific products, services and information.
The outgoing AUC Chairperson Dr. Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma said Africa has got its digital identity through dot Africa established by Africans.
As indicated on the event, dot Africa also helps mobilize resources to develop ICT related African technologies intended for the overall economic growth of the continent.
Reporter: - Zerihun Getachew