- No time for scepticism, ‘decisive climate action,’ needed Ethiopia tells UN
- UNICEF urges countries to prioritize early childhood development
- Ethiopian Prime Minister meets Somali PM in NewYork
- Hailemariam meets Bill Gates in New York
- Meles Zenawi Leadership Academy inks cooperation agreement with Chinese Communist Party School
AU launches internet domain to bring Africans together
(EBC; March 10, 2017)- Africa has got an internet domain name space by its own name called DotAfrica.
This internet domain was launched at Headquarters of the African Union on Friday aiming at expediting the continent's growth.
The internet domain name space Africa, DotAfrica has been launched with generic Top Level Domain to help bring Africa community together through internet letting ‘e-commerce, infrastructure and technologies to flourish'. It also helps establishing a home for African specific products, services and information.
The outgoing AUC Chairperson Dr. Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma said Africa has got its digital identity through dot Africa established by Africans.
As indicated on the event, dot Africa also helps mobilize resources to develop ICT related African technologies intended for the overall economic growth of the continent.
Reporter: - Zerihun Getachew